We helped out PJ of Bloomington Robotics with his eagle Scout project at the Works in Bloomington. Fish in the Boat designed and built two challenges for both parents and kids to build and program robots to accomplish!
They had four hours to accomplish it - no small feat! There were 18 kids so we split them into groups of three and after some basic NXT information they dove right into the legos! They all built very successf
Fish in the Boat competed at the 2013 Silicon Prairie Invitational at Deerfield High School in Illinois!
It was a ton of fun meeting more out-of-state teams and doing some post-Champs strategizing, driving, roboting! We finished seeded first after our eight qualification matches and picked team 5200 That's A Good Question as our alliance partner for the Elimination Rounds. We beat the fourth seed and then went to take on teams 2888 the Oddly Charged Particles and 5202 Try To Understand. We lost the first match by six points and then won the second easily. We won the third as well and have come home as Winning Alliance Captains!
See more results here: https://sites.google.com/site/siliconprairietournament/silicon-prairie-results
Congrats to all the teams that competed!
Here are some of the memorable quotes from the day:
- Do you guys have any duct tape?
Yeah, but it's green
- *robot with a broken drivetrain* Um, we don't actually need controllers
- Oh, you're back in the question box! You're very polite about it
- I need a picture of the tutu girls!
- Where's the green team?
- Can you help us with scouting? We have two team members.
- Wait, our match is next? We don't have a battery for our robot!
- Crap, I have your controllers.
This is where we'll be keeping you updated about our doings!